The very cheapest new Porsche 911 costs $101,200.
If you add…
- Fancy wheels: $4,030
- Fancy seats: $5,960
- Fancy power addition to fancy seats: $3,830
- Fancy leather-everywhere interior: $17,110
- Fancy gauges and clock: $3,900
- Fancy headlights: $2,470
- Fancy stereo: $3,980
- Fancy remote parking system: $6,950
- Fancy carbon fiber roof: $3,890
- Fancy aerodynamics kit: $8,710
- Fancy paint protection kit: $2,760
- Fancy door mirrors: $1,630
- Fancy black window trim: $510
- Fancy “Porsche” on door: $560
- Fancy “911” on rear: $350
- Fancy lid grille slats in same color as car: $720
- Fancy tailpipes: $3,380
- Fancy front axel lift system: $2,770
- Fancy rear wiper: $370
- Fancy cruise control and lane-keeping system: $3,020
- Fancy heated leather steering wheel: $590
- Fancy interior trim: $1,260
- Fancy painted keys: $540
- Fancy seat belts: $540
- Fancy maintenance plan: $5,035
- Fancy customized luggage: $6,323
…The final price comes to $201,271.
First: I did not get a new Porsche! I don’t have a used Porsche, either. Maybe when I get to heaven, my wheels will be from Stuttgart.
Second: This is an exercise to show you how crazy Porsche is when it comes to upgrades.
Third: If you add the costs of the options, it may not equal the total above. Porsche uses a different calculator than some people.
Photo by Martin Katler on Unsplash. Used by permission via a Creative Commons license.