Glucosamine is a health supplement that supposedly helps with range of motion and joint pain. So I’ve used it for years.
The problem is that it’s expensive. So I usually wait for BOGO deals (buy one, get one free).
I recently got that deal with two bottles of Osteo Bi-Flex.
After I got home, I discovered that both bottles were less than half full! So I combined them and still had room left in the bottle.
- The consumer thinks they’re getting more than they actually are.
- The product takes twice as much shelf space.
- The product takes twice as much space in a truck on its way to the store.
- The consumer pays for twice as much packaging.
- Twice as much plastic is being manufactured from crude oil.
- Twice as many bottles are likely thrown away or possibly recycled – and trucked to the dump or recycling center.
Come on, companies – wake up and stop wasting our resources!