You heard it hear first – my startup idea.
Business people who travel a lot often sleep in a large hotel room with two beds – and one is always empty.
What if they used a service like airbnb to get a roommate for their two-or-three night stays?
Potential problems and solutions:
- You could get someone annoying. Solution: the app would allow you to cancel and pick a different room.
- You’re an introvert and require your space after a draining day of conference activity. Solution: the app allows you to select a roommate who also values quiet and personal space.
- Privacy. Solution: the app allows you to pick people of the gender you’re most comfortable with.
- Getting the word out that this app exists could be a problem if hotel companies use all their negative marketing tricks to make the app look bad. Solution: have airbnb buy the app idea and handle the marketing. (Airbnb – are you listening? I’m open for offers.)
- “I’d never use an app like that.” Solution: don’t.