I was tagged on Facebook to do this list, but I thought here was a better place.
1. I very much love my wife Heather and find great inspiration (and sparks!) from her.
2. We have been married for 20 years, this August!
3. I love to collect things. Currently I’m fighting that urge through only collecting digital photos and movie footage (ie; that I take). Oh – and international toothpaste.
4. I have been a graphic designer for most of my career. I took a two-year break by doing management from 2005-2007. I’m back to design with social media added to my mix.
5. I am good at drawing but hate to do it. Creating each artwork is like having a baby. Thus, I love digital photography – the rewards come much easier and faster.
6. Jesus is more than my religion. He influences my days, weeks and years. The peace he gives me is hard to explain, if you haven’t experienced it.
7. I love my three kids. They grow me beyond what ever could have happened otherwise. It’s exciting to watch them develop and change.
8. I have climbed the two tallest mountains in Africa – Mt. Kilimanjaro (19,330) and Mt. Kenya (17,058*). The summit of Mt. Kili was the hardest physical day of my life. *The actual summit of Mt. Kenya is 17,058′, but we only made it to Lenana – 16,355′.
9. I love music. But I’m very picky about what I listen to.
10. I love seeing live music. You guessed it – not just any.
10. I played violin from 4th through 7th grades and one semester in college. I was good, but it was another of those having-a-baby experiences… not enough joy to make the work worth it.
11. I love Mac computers. I would never work & play on a non-Mac, if I had any choice in the matter.
12. I greatly prefer laptops to desktops. If I had two computers, though, my second would be an iMac 24″.
13. I have never died my hair.
14. Chocolate is an important part of life.
15. I like good pizza better than I like steak.
16. I love cars but waited to get my driving license because of my love for bicycling.
17. I am very environmentally aware. I will pick up an aluminum can in a parking lot to recycle it, because I read somewhere that recycling just one can saves the equivalent amount of energy of running a TV for an hour.
18. Colorado is a great place to live, because it has so many sunny days. Oh yeah, and there are those wonderful mountains.
19. I have lived eight years of my life overseas – five in Nairobi, Kenya and three near Oxford, England.
20. I think the only way understand poverty is to live outside of North America. There is poverty here, but it’s nothing like in other parts of the world.
21. If air travel were free, I would go to Belgium three times a year. (My sister and her family live there.)
22. My brother was my best man in my wedding. I’m still glad about that.
23. Spicy foods are right at the top of my food-of-choice list: Ethiopian, Indian, Mexican. Yes to all.
24. I’m not good at sports. When a ball is thrown at me, my body is unable to connect with it.
25. This list seems very narcissistic. I hated saying “I” so much.