I’ve heard this: “She’s a super creative person.”
I also heard this: “Everyone’s creative!” (Source: Creative Mornings)
Both are true. Some are able to tap into creativity more than others. Some hold themselves back from expressing their creativity… and that may be a good thing – not all creativity is positive.
Here are a few random thoughts on creativity:
- It needs to be fun. If your creative expression is painful, what’s the point?
- You can express your creativity in your job or schoolwork – or in your spare time.
- Try focusing your creative energy in a way that’s easy for you to express. I’ve found it fulfilling to express my creativity in an area with few boundaries – this blog.
- You can be creative in areas where most people don’t expect you to be creative. A factory worker may add the same single component to the same device all day long. But if he thinks of a way to do that better, his creativity may save his company thousands of dollars.
- It may cost nothing to be creative. Think shoes… you can buy boring standard new shoes or go to a consignment store and spend the same amount to buy shoes that are more interesting but only slightly used.
- You can be creative in a huge way (moving to a different part of the world) or in a small way (brushing your teeth with toothpaste from a different part of the world).
You’ll find some more thoughts on creativity here.